With over 200 cheese producers in Vermont, there are several that stand out as national award winners with a few that have even hit the charts among the worlds finest. A few that we regularly enjoy at Inn Victoria include:
- Crowley Cheese, the oldest cheese maker in VT is located 30 minutes from Inn Victoria in Healdville just a little north of Ludlow. The small factory provides tours on most days.
- Plymouth Artisan Cheese, offers some outstanding cheese on route 100. Located approximately 45 minutes north of Inn Victoria, the ride is spectacular and the opportunity to visit the Calvin Coolidge Historical site makes for a great side trip from the Inn. The factory provides tours on most days.
- Taylor Farm Cheese makers are located 16 miles NW of In Victoria on Rt.#11 headed toward Manchester, VT. Some of the region's most loved cheese, this farm will allow you to tour the factory, the farm, the store and even catch a sleigh ride in the winter.
- Grafton Village Cheese can be purchased in the small village store in the center of this historic community. Located 8 miles from Inn Victoria, the small town is a feast of historic buildings ripe for photographers. This is also the home of Grafton Ponds, a great XCountry ski area as well as a beautiful covered bridge.
- WAAWWE Farms Market is a small market located in Gassetts, on the intersection of Rt# 103 & Rt# 10, five miles from Inn Victoria. This small market and farm produces exceptional Jersey Cow milk that has been used to produce several national and international award winning cheeses.
Owners of Inn Victoria, a Chester Vermont Bed and Breakfast